Need a Close Shave Without the Nicks? Here’s How December 03 2014
All women these days need to know how to shave and that’s the end of it. Hairy legs are not a good look but bare legs are always in fashion so it stands to reason that all women need to know how to do it.
If you follow these shaving tips not only will your legs be smooth, hairless and gorgeous – they’ll also be free from painful and unsightly nicks and stay that way for longer.
- Make sure that your skin is wet and moisturized before you reach for the razor – shaving exfoliates and if you try to shave when your legs are dry the razor can become clogged up with dead skin which can lead to nicks or razor burns. It’s a good tip to shave in a hot shower when your skin is nicely softened by the moisture and the heat.
- Don’t waste your hard earned cash on ladies’ shaving creams because guess what – they are pretty much the same as the ones for men, the only difference is the scent. His ‘n’ hers shaving cream is a great option, particularly if he’s buying.
- Splashing on a little baby oil before the shaving cream can help the razor to glide along more smoothly resulting in a closer job and fabulous soft and silky legs once you’ve finished.
- Regularly change your razor to make sure that you always use one which is nice and sharp. Blunt razors are the ones which nick your skin. Don’t be tempted to use any other person’s razor either – you can “borrow” his shaving cream but be sure to have your own razor.
- For a really close shave it’s a great idea to exfoliate first. This removes all of the dead skin cells which can clog up the razor and prevent you from getting a really close shave. Exfoliate either in the shower or before the shower – but remember to do it for best results.
- Start at the bottom and shave in an upwards direction, it’s the most effective way to get really close. Hair grows downwards so you need to shave in an upward direction for the best results. This doesn’t follow for shaving arm tips however – the hair there grows in all directions so you have to shave in all directions to catch it.
- If you haven’t moisturized before shaving . . . in fact even if you have moisturized before shaving remember to slap some more on when you’ve finished. The legs don’t have many natural oil glands and need all the help they can get to stay smooth, silky and moisturized.
- Shaving is great for the legs and under arms but don’t be tempted to get razor happy anywhere else. Waxing is definitely the best idea for your bikini line.
Follow these few tips and your legs will feel smooth, soft and silky. Legs may not stay hairless for as long as they would if you used other methods but shaving is the cheapest, easiest and quickest thing to do.